* Senior Program Manager with expertise in software development and testing, supply chain management, and quality assurance (Six Sigma Black Belt trained).
* Experienced in managing multiple full project lifecycles from business development to final delivery.
* Proven track record of leading large scale program management initiatives in financial services and manufacturing organizations.
* Successful in growing client relationships across North America, Asia Pacific, and India.
* Expert technical and analytical aptitude, skilled in a wide range of technologies.
* Expert in wide range of Oracle ERP integration and implementation, especially Oracle GEMMS Planning, Inventory, and Quality modules.
* Excellent communications abilities, both written and verbal.
* MS, Industrial Engineering; CPIM and PMP Certifications.
Oracle e-Business suite 11i (Oracle Process Manufacturing, Oracle Inventory, Oracle Purchasing and Oracle Sales), Oracle GEMMS (Planning, Inventory, Quality and Sales)
Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Access
Visual Basic, Visual Basic.NET, ASP, JSP, HTML, XML, SQL Plus, Unix Shell script, C++, PL-SQL
Oracle Reports, Aspen Manufacturing Suite, Office 2007, Project 2007, and Visio
iGATE Global Solutions
Limited 2000 to
Global technology services firm with Services including Consulting, IT Services, BPO/BSP, and Contact Center. Sample positions include:
Senior Program Manager, India (Jun. 2009 – present)
Managing the delivery of multi-million dollar programs and services for clients from different verticals like banking, capital markets, and manufacturing.
* Accountability for revenue of over $6 million with a team size of over 110 people; direct managerial responsibility for 8 project managers.
* Managing a portfolio of projects and services with responsibility of overall execution.
* Providing operational management overview and driving productivity improvement initiatives.
* Drive the usage of Six Sigma, SDLC, Agile, and other key measures to significantly improve project delivery.
* Ensuring the appropriate metrics, resource planning and program management methodologies are applied to drive success.
* Some key projects handled by the team include testing of solutions for custodian services, credit card platforms, core banking packages, investment banking applications, AML (anti money laundering) systems, workflow management systems, and wealth management applications.
Portfolio Manager, Canada (Aug. 2007 – May 2009)
Portfolio and Account Management activities for Royal Bank of Canada, the market leader in banking and the largest Canadian company.
* Succeeded in bagging a 5 million dollar multi year contract with client. This was one of the largest single contract deals ever signed with client.
* Received several commendations for client relationship management
* Growing customer relationship and managing client engagements
* Responsibility for all projects handled for client at Toronto, New York, and North Carolina.
* Handling contract discussions and negotiations through all phases to signing and eventual completion of projects
* Accountability to clients as escalation point to help mitigate risks on projects
Group Project Manager, Singapore (Nov. 2005 – Jul. 2007)
Monitoring and reviewing a group of projects in Singapore and Malaysia. The projects include development using Microsoft .NET of a sales force automation system for a leading insurance company, maintenance of Oracle E-Business Suite 11i for a leading global electronics manufacturer, and software testing services for the largest global travel retailer.
* Responsibility for all deliverables of the projects.
* Managing and directing efforts of project managers to ensure effective planning, coordination and synergy between projects.
* Overseeing all project execution activities such as budgeting, planning, costing, delivery, and post delivery review.
* Handling pre-sales related activities for Singapore and Malaysia.
Senior Project Manager, Hewlett-Packard Singapore Ltd. (June 2003 – Nov 2005)
Managing project team of four team leaders and 20 technical consultants to develop multiple projects and support in SAP, Microsoft .NET, Java, Oracle, Data Warehousing, and end-to-end supply chain solutions.
* Received several commendations for consistently surpassing Service Level Agreement targets, including delivery, application availability, and support call turnaround time.
* Ensuring overall operational efficiency, identifying improvement and managing risks.
* Tracking team member performance against schedule and targets, providing feedback, resolving issues, and coordinating changes to enhance project performance.
* Maintaining responsibility for all resource planning and recruitment.
Project Manager, Hewlett Packard Singapore Ltd. (Jan.2003 to July 2003)
Managing three e-business projects, using ASP, VB, XML and SQL server.
* Delivered all three projects on time, on budget, and exceeding client expectations.
* Managing projects, providing technical direction to all team members, and ensuring on-time delivery of all projects.
* Supporting strategic planning, including opportunity identification, and effort assessment and scoping.
Techno Functional Consultant, General Electric Plastics, Singapore. (Dec. 2001 to Oct. 2002)
Implementing interfaces to a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) factory floor information system with Oracle GEMMS ERP modules Planning, Inventory, and Quality. (The manufacturing execution system was Aspen Manufacturing Suite consisting of InfoPlus.21, Batch.21, SQLPlus, Web.21 and Aspen Process Explorer.)
* Acting as Project Leader after previous lead quit, delivering project on time and to budget.
* Designing and developing a scheduler application with a graphical view of entire schedule with real-time schedule updates, providing instant, complete information to improve decision-making.
* Gathering and analyzing business requirements for interface development.
* Developing and deploying interface between the ERP Layer (GEMMS) and MES, deploying interface between the MES and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS), and between the MES and Linetool, a production line management tool.
* Providing user support to solve interface deployment issues.
Techno Functional Consultant, CommVerge Solutions Singapore Ltd. (July 2001 to Dec. 2001)
Designing and implementing web-based workflow management system to capture business data from pre-sales to implementation, using JSP, Servlets, SQL Server 2000 database, and Apache server with Tomcat.
* Led the business process analysis and redesign for implementing a standard workflow across the organization.
* Developing the requirement and design specifications for entire workflow.
* Leading the development of system and user acceptance testing specifications.
* Developing and deploying the user interfaces and JSP pages for the system.
Functional Consultant, Toshiba Electronics (March 2001 to June 2001)
Developing customized bar coding solution to automate material issuance, inter-plant shipments, and cycle counting in Oracle Applications, using modules Purchasing, Inventory, and Sales.
* Analyzing existing Oracle Application installation to determine scope and schedule.
* Analyzing the organization’s business functions to design proposed bar coding solution.
Functional consultant, General Electric Plastics, Singapore. (July 2000 to Nov. 2000)
* Designing and developing e-business development project, using Oracle PL-SQL and Unix shell with Oracle GEMMS modules Inventory and Sales.
* Integrating the Oracle GEMMS ERP backend with the Web interface.
* Analyzing business process and developing functional specifications.
* Providing user support to solve various problems occurring after the deployment.
Other iGate Consultant Projects (2000 to 2003)
Project Manager, Soil & Foundation Singapore Ltd. (Jan. 2003 to May 2003)
Managing development of web-centric project to share soil testing data between client and its customers, using ASP, Visual Basic 6, DTS and SQL Server.
Techno Functional Consultant, Hewlett-Packard Singapore Ltd. (Nov. 2002 to Feb. 2003)
Implementing solution to standardize and automate the process of sharing CRM data between the organization and its outsourcing partners, using XML, Java servlets, Oracle 8i and PostgreSQL 7.2.
Functional Consultant, Similan.com, Singapore (Dec. 2000 to Feb. 2001)
Developing electronic bill presentment and payment (EBPP) solution to automate financial processes.
Indian Aluminium Company, Thane, India 1997 - 2000
Production Engineer, Operations Planning (August 1998 to June 2000)
* Successfully designed and implemented Planning and Inventory modules of Oracle GEMMS ERP package, including the MRPII based Constraint Based Planning System.
* Developed Oracle Reports 2.5 based planning system to enable efficient day to day operational decisions. Based on the principles of Theory of Constraints.
* Achieved the highest-ever plant production in Oct. 1999, 20% over previous year.
* Full responsibility for the plant’s production scheduling, operation, and strategic planning.
* Performing administrative activities for the management of the department.
* Implementing Oracle GEMMS ERP package in department.
* Leading integration of supply chain components within the organization to ensure on-time full delivery from and to suppliers and customers respectively.
Section In-charge, Quality Assurance (Oct. 1997 - Aug. 1998)
* Successfully implementing Quality module of Oracle GEMMS ERP package.
* Providing quality system improvement for the organization, facilitating four statistical quality control driven process capability improvement projects.
* Leading a team of seven quality supervisors and five quality inspectors.
* Championing TQM, ISO-9000 and housekeeping activities.
Work Experience Prior to 1997:
Graduate Research Assistant, Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida, Florida, U.S.A. Aug. 1996 to May 1997; Sales and Marketing Executive, Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd., Mumbai, India. June 1995 to Dec. 1995.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA,
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Master of Science, Industrial and Systems Engineering, 1997 (GPA: 3.5/4.0,)
Specialization, Engineering Management
K. J. SOMAIYA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, UNIVERSITY OF BOMBAY, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Production Engineering, 1995 (First Class with honors)
Project Manager Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute (PMI). July 2004.
Production and Inventory Management Certification (CPIM), The Association for Operations Management (APICS), U.S.A. January 2002.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP). January 2000.
Six Sigma Black Belt Training, 2007.